BARNESVILLE, Ga. -- A week filled with rain and wet field conditions has triggered some schedule changes for Gordon State Softball and Baseball. Here are those changes listed below:
- Softball games scheduled at the University of South Carolina-Salkehatchie will now be played on Sunday, March 8, at 2 and 4:30 p.m. EDT.
- Softball games originally scheduled with the LaGrange College varsity reserves on Thursday, March 5, will now be played on Wednesday, April 1, at 3 and 5:30 p.m. EDT.
- Baseball's home game with Chipola College (Fla.), originally scheduled for Tuesday, March 3, will now be played on Sunday, April 5, at 2 p.m. EDT.
- Baseball's away games at USC-Salkehatchie, originally scheduled for Thursday, March 5, will now be played on Sunday, April 26, at 2 and 5 p.m. EDT.
- Baseball's next games are at home on Monday, March 9, vs. the LaGrange College junior varsity at 3 and 6 p.m. EDT.
The Gordon State College Department of Athletics is a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and Georgia Collegiate Athletic Association (GCAA). Gordon State College competes in NJCAA Division I in the sports of Women's Soccer (Fall), Men's Basketball (Fall/Spring), Softball (Spring) and Baseball (Spring). Gordon State College is located in Barnesville, Ga., approximately 60 miles south of Atlanta and 35 miles northwest of Macon. Gordon State College offers both two-year and four-year degree programs and believes that our Athletics program provides student-athletes with the opportunity to be successful academically, athletically and in life after their time as a Highlander. You can follow GSC Athletics at www.gscathletics.com, on Facebook (@GordonStateCollege #GSCHighlandersForward), on Twitter (@GordonState) and Instagram (gordon_state).